Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Second Time Lucky

After my abysmal attempt in my first set of interview questions I decided to take a different approach. Instead of sitting and thinking about my answers I decided to think how I would react if I was asked a question I hadn't prepared for and answered from the top of my head.

I think in some ways this worked well, I answered much better than in my previous interview questions but perhaps this was because I had a preset question and answer list in my mind which I answered from. Perhaps by using this preset list it didn't give me a chance to get my personality across which is something that employers are often looking for.

Although I feel that this set of questions was much better than my previous, I don't feel like either is perfect and a lot of work would still have to be done. Of course hopefully my portfolio would be enough to put me through though it would be wrong to rely solely on this.

1 comment:

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I like the approach you have taken when answering your questions, it gives a more natural reflection of your personality.

You are lucky that you possess the skill to write at such a quick pace.

My answers may have suffered due to my inability to fire off quick responses when writing.

In an interview situation I am aware that I may ramble on to cover up my nerves, this can have a detrimental effect on the situation.

So sometimes a measured response is acceptable.