Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Second Interview Call Backs

Describe yourself in three words.
Enthusiastic, passionate, creative

How would you measure the effectiveness of your Interactive Media products?
I currently use an analysis tool called 'Google Analytics' to monitor my portfolio and online learning journal sites. It gives me a break down of who is accessing my website, where from, and other vital pieces of information such as browsers used etc.

By using this free tool it shows whether people are looking at my site and if they are coming back, personally I think that if users are repeat visiting my site then it is being effective. It also allows me to set measurable goals which are then recorded on the stats page again showing if it has been 'effective'.

How do you handle criticism?
Upon receiving criticism I first try and take any positives out of it and remember them for later as more often than not when receiving criticism you are giving positive feedback too. I then look at the negatives and try and see why others may think this and if on closer inspection of my work I can too see it. If I can't see the problem I then ask for more specific feedback on the negative points and ask what would make it better so that I can make the current work better and also again remember for a later date.

Explain when you have had a difficult problem and how you solved it.
The most recent problem I have faced is when trying to learn CSS on my course. I have had very little knowledge of it in the past and so could see I was going to struggle to learn it. For this reason I decided to take upon myself to learn CSS in my own time outside of college and as I knew CSS would have to be learnt, try and learn a few of the basics before I had to implement it. I used various sources to learn CSS including books, magazines and websites. I then practiced making a few basic CSS sites so I could get a hang of coding with it instead of just reading example code.1

Describe how you fit into a team.
I think personally I fit in to a team relatively easily. I am able to get on with people easily and have no problems joining a new group of people and begin getting on with them quickly. At the same time however I am able to distance myself from a group environment when the time calls to do individual work and don't have to rely on colleagues.

Are there any questions?
Will there be any opportunities for promotion?

No comments: