Thursday, April 05, 2007

When Does The Holiday Start?

Almost a week into the Easter holidays and the 'holiday' has yet to arrive. Due to me going away for 2 weeks, the whole week has been devoted to trying to get my work done.

So far, I've completely changed my mind about the website site structure, and made that again (luckily however, before any work had gone into actually making the website content), created a page for my website, and began designing the co-id. There's alot I still have to do, and perhaps with it being the holidays I have slacked off a little in my work efforts and not done as much as I normally would have done in the time, but this is all going to change.

Over the next day or two I am planning to finish what I had planned to do for the whole of the holidays. It sounds like a big task, but I only planned 32 hours so it's not that bad.

One thing I have concentrated on quite alot this week is the sketch book. I have stuck in the co-id items I received from Atlantic Records, and have also been researching into e-mail templates and signatures.

I used an e-mail from Dave Pannell at TDM and an e-mail from Steve. Dave's e-mail contained a template and the e-mail size was a whopping 53kb where as Steve's e-mail with only a signature was only 6kb. Dave's e-mail was just quite a short, simple, text e-mail and was over the 50kb maximum page size that we have been taught to stick to. I found myself thinking that if a real attatchment were to be added to the e-mail (such as a document, file, image, etc) the size of the e-mail could be quite large.

I have still yet to decide whether to create an e-mail template or not, using the information I have gathered over the past week I don't think I will, but it's not just a answer you can pull out of nothing. Serious thinking has to go into it.

I shall let everyone know my decision, and what happens with the rest of my work when I return from holiday in 2 weeks time.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post your new 'structure' please.

Craig Allington said...

I was hoping to upload the site structure today Steve, but it's on my USB which I have left at my girlfriend's. Will upload it at college tomorrow, or with Thursday's blog.