Monday, April 23, 2007

Travellers Tales

After spending the last 2 weeks away on holiday, the past few days have taken on some serious work.

Although I had planned to do some work over the holidays, I just didn't get the chance to. I managed to do an odd hour here and there but nowhere near as much as I had hoped to. However, the past few days have allowed me to catch up with some of this work, and I pretty much have all my designs done and dusted. I've yet to scan them in so I can't host them onto my blog, but I will ASAP along with my new site structure (as requested by Steve).

With only 3 weeks left until the end of the year, and therefore the end of the assignment, tensions are bound to be running high this week. Where as in previous weeks the atmosphere seems to have being quite relaxed, there is no doubt what every ones minds will be on come Wednesday.

Another bombshell was also dropped this week by Steve, when he announced that he would be pre-assessing sketchbooks. My sketchbook is still lacking (although I do have quite a few images that need printing off and sticking in when we return this week). Although my sketchbook work has improved over the past month or so, the thought is still in my mind of 'is it good enough?'.

Once more, I need to 'step-up' my sketchbook work this week and make sure that I pass the sketchblog assignment. Not only will this include finding more inspirational artwork, it will also include further use of my sketchbook for idea generation (if there is any left to do) and also concentrate once again on commenting others blogs.

This is something that I feel I need to remember at present. That the sketchblog assignment isn't JUST about the sketchbook and the blog is just something we are doing for evaluation purposes, but in fact that the blog is ALSO as much a part of the assignment as the sketchbook, and that by putting all my time and effort into the sketchbook, perhaps over the past few weeks I have let the blog slide a little too.

Finding the right balance is the key.

No comments: