Monday, February 26, 2007

All work and no play makes Craig something something...

Note: Before I get full swing into my blog, I would like to point out that as Steve keeps mentioning - "Blogs should be an interactive thing and so links should be added." For this reason, I will try to make my blog a bit more interactive this week. I hope you enjoy it. (Also, before anyone comments, this paragraph is meant to be a smaller text size)

Numerous words could be used to fit the gap, but the most relevant would have to be 'Very tired'. So tired in fact that I feel it may have been the cause of my feeling unwell in the previous week at college. Luckily however with half term this week it has been a much welcomed relief.

With a week spent mostly visiting the cinema, lying down watching the first series of Life on Mars, The Italian Job, and the wonders of daytime television for students, it gave me a chance to clear my head and get some much needed work done. Over the course of the week I have been slowly adding to my presentation and finally this morning got it finished to a decent standard ready for the practice on Thursday. Also this morning I got my handout completed, both of which are available to view below. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Presentation
Handout

As I already mentioned, this week is practice presentation week. Although I am a little worried about this, I am glad that I will get to practice my presentation and fine tune things ready for the official presentation next week. The only thing I have left to do for my presentation is sort out my cue cards, of which I am hoping to do tomorrow.

Also this week is our visit from ex-student Jonny Haynes of Purple Giraffes and Technophobia. I'm quite looking forward to his visit as I think it will be a very valuable insight. After our visit to The Design Mechanics, I feel that having an idea of what another design agency is like will improve my (and hopefully others) overall views of the industry, instead of relying purely on what we have seen at TDM. It is much the same as gathering research from more than one source to make sure it is correct.

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

I'm keen to find out how Technophobia work too. Looking forward to the presentation.

Both presentation pieces look good. Nice work.