Thursday, May 31, 2007

"The Fake Sound of Progress"

Only a few weeks into the holidays and already I feel as if I am behind. With a new assignment to be done, a client to find, and almost a 2 week handicap on the deadline I can't help but think I should at least have started the assignment.

The truth is however, I haven't even looked at it since we left.

At the moment I am taking the attitude of 'it's a holiday' but that isn't going to pass me the assingment. My real holiday is just before we return, and the deadline falls smack bang in the middle of it, so why am I wasting my time that could be so crucial in just a few months time?

I need to make a big start on the new assignment, and fast. My goal is that this blog will be my motivation to start, something that I can look back on and remind me self that the work has to be done and that the first year may be finished, but the course isn't.

Also, for anyone who didn't get the eMail I sent round, the following is an eMail Richard Stelmach sent me with some links for the new assignment:

First you will need Firefox and also the "web developers toolbar". This allows you to disable style sheets which helps when using CSS.

http://www.csszengarden.com/ - Good CSS examples.

http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/boxes.html - this one has different layouts and tells you how to do them, it's a really good one to use.

http://www.intensivstation.ch/templates/ - same kind of thing as the last one, also useful.They're a pretty good starting point.

I'd also recommend finding a good book to use also. Remember to work in Code view when using
CSS/XHTML in Dreamweaver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thought of the first 'coffee morning' in 2 weeks time might help motivate you?

Craig Allington said...

Yeah definately Steve, I've now made a start on the assignment and hopefully will be well on the way with it in no time.