Friday, October 06, 2006

Time Fly's When Your Having Fun

Well, another week over already. Time seems to be flying at the moment. Once more I’m unsure if that’s a good thing. Half term is only 2 weeks away, but so is our first deadline, looming over us growing closer every day. No, time flying is definitely not a good thing.

With just one week until our assignments have to be up to submission standard, it’s been yet another manic week, importing all the work into PageMaker, beginning putting in our references, and getting vast amounts of feedback about our designs.

A week without any lectures was relief due to the amount of work we have to do. It was good to have Wednesday and Thursday morning’s free to simply work on our assignment’s and actually feel like I was getting somewhere. The scariest thing at the moment funnily enough isn’t our ‘Great Briton’ assignment. It’s actually thinking about our next two assignments. It will take serious time management to concentrate on two assignments at once, which is something I’ll really have to work on. But that’s a few weeks away yet.

As I already said, a lot of work has been done this week. It’s probably my most productive week yet. In fact I seem to be capable of doing more and more week each week. I don’t think it’s down to me trying any harder, though I’m sure if I get asked I won’t deny it, but I actually think it’s down to the fact that I’m getting into my stride a lot more and I’m now able to cope with the work better and not sit pondering over a question for 15 minutes. The only problem with the week really is, like I said before, time seems to be passing by so quickly that I fear the assignment won’t be ready in time. I can see serious self study at home this week.

Next week the assignment has to be up to submission standard, so next week I think will be spent changing things pointed out to me in our feedback groups, and tidying up loose ends. I will then no doubt have another feedback group where further things are found wrong with my assignment and I will then spend the majority of Thursday afternoon altering my assignment further ready for submission date.

Week until first deadline: 2 (Submission standard in 1)

No comments: