Thursday, October 12, 2006

"And Our Time Is Running Out"

Life seems to be imitating art this week as Matt Bellamy (Lead vocalist of Muse) can be heard echoing in my ears with 'Time Is Running Out'. After all, time really is running out for us at this moment in time in the course. It's now less than a week before our first deadline which means I'm thinking more in terms of days rather than weeks. Luckily however, I've managed to get the majority of my work done which has now given me the week to spend time checking over every word, nay letter, of my assignment.

It has definitely been one of the most stressful weeks of the course so far. The sheer mountain of work that has had to be done, on top of the knowledge that we had until Thursday to have our work to 'Submission Standard' has meant that it's been pretty much non-stop working since last Thursday. Over the course of the week I've redrawn my screen designs in my sketch book, which now look a lot neater and more accurate, as well as then re-creating them digitally in PageMaker. I've also written my evaluation, corrected most of the mistakes in my assignment work, and put it all into the correct format.

All this work did firstly mean that starting the week I was quite nervous. Scared even. But from the word go on Wednesday I immediately began to feel slightly more relaxed. We had a lecture from John about our blog’s which was quite useful as well as interesting as it gave us the chance to see other peoples blog’s and see what other people where doing wrong, which coincidentally also happened to be what we were doing wrong. In the afternoon Diane came round to speak to a few of us again which gave me an opportunity to finish off my screen designs and once again create them digitally which was one of my major worries as I thought it would take a lot longer than it did.

Thursday contained another lecture, this time from Steve, who went through the PageMaker template with us, which I was very pleased about. Even though my assignment was already in PageMaker, some of the thing's I had not done, such as using the style formats. Instead I had simply manually altered the fonts of the text which I found out was incorrect. The rest of the morning was spent changing my assignment to make it to, what I thought was, submission standard. This took a lot of the pressure from me, because I knew that we were the first group into our feedback meetings. This meant that anything that required changing I had most of the afternoon to continue changing things.

As I said before now all I have left to do is check through my work and make sure that no corrections are needed. All my work is hopefully correct so it is just a case of me looking for spelling and grammar mistakes, double spaces, double line breaks, etc.

Next week should be a relatively easy week for me. Just again checking through my work and printing off what needs to be printed off. On Thursday I'm hoping to get into college quite early and hand my work in early enough before the deadline to avoid anything going wrong (such as today's fire alarm).

Days Until First Deadline: 7

No comments: