Thursday, November 08, 2007

Yorkshire Sculpture Park Photos

Below are some of the photos I took from the sculpture park. I've not had time to resize them properly so apologies for the large file sizes. Most are around 2MB so beware when viewing the large images.

Inside the basket

This turned out to be on of my favourite photo of the day. It was taken inside 'The Basket' and although by accident I really like how the grid is sharp and in focus yet the background behind it is blurred and fuzzy.




Skyspace


This was a picture of the famous 'skyspace' which I (ahem) 'love so much'. I actually quite like this image as it captures the clouds nicely in the window of light shining through. I think if I used this picture as a basis of a design then I would probably come up with quite a good design from it as the potential is endless. My first inital thought was some sort of CD cover.




Craig, Myself and Scott making random shadow puppets

And finally we have our famous shadow puppets photo. This was taken with Craig, myself and Scott all adopting random positions and taking photos of the results. Although I think Scott has some better pictures this was one of my favourites from my camera. The shadow on the right I actually think could be one of the sculptures but who knows.

I will upload more photos soon and host them from my website, link to follow shortly.

4 comments:

Craig Burgess said...

That last picture makes me smile every time! That would look great as some CD cover image with a bit of tweaking.

The colours you've captured there are really rich and you've got the perfect light behind you.

Shame we didn't have a few more hours there, because we'd just started to get into the spirit of things.

Craig Allington said...

The image is tweaked a little. I played with the levels for 5 mins just to try and make the shadows stand out a bit more. It's good to hear it still looks natural though, my photoshop skills are obviously improving.

And yeah I was just starting to get into things. I'm going again this weekend to try and get back into the creative side a bit more sooner, and will hopefully get a few more creative photos but we will have to see.

I'll post those up here too when I get them along with some others I have from this week.

Richard said...

I really like the last image and it is something I would never have thought of doing. I missed the Skyspace sculpture which I am disappointed about because it seems to be one of the most talked about sculptures. It does look good and such a simple idea I might go back sometimes in the next few weeks to get inspired again.

It might be a good exercise to go back after trying to be creative ourselves for a couple of weeks, we might see alot of things differently.

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I don't think my pictures are any better than the ones you have posted Craig, I think you are doing yourself a diservice!

I like the framing of the frame you have used in the "skyspace'.

I hope that is a sculpture on the right of the image or I think I may need to cut down on the pies!