Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Breaking News! Feedback needed

This week I've being trying to create a design for my CSS Beauty site, and decided some feedback might be useful. I realise it's perhaps a little late to be asking for feedback (they day before the lesson) but I've being trying to get it as completed as possible.

This isn't to say it is completed. There's still alot I need to do, and creating it all in InDesign when I've never used it before has proved quite a challenge, but the basic principles are there.

CSS Beauty Screen Design (PDF - 112KB)

Obviously I have gone for a newspaper theme, which at the moment is also black and white, but I might add some picture and colour in to it somewhere to brighten it up a bit more.

The empty box at the bottom will contain the 'About' bit and the rest of the footer information.

6 comments:

Ben Waller said...

I really like what you have donein the top corner with the folded page. I think this would look quite effective for this theme.

I also like the traditional headline font that you have used similar to The Daily Telegraph style. You could make this a bit larger and make the seach box a bit smaller. You could also move the search box to the links or possible theme section to give you a bit more space.

Mirhad Kalabic said...

Your design looks a bit plain and simple, but sometimes thats the best way...

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I think the font you have used is too scripty, the Sun and Guardian use Sans Serif for their headlines the Telegraph is a bit more gothic.

If this is what you are trying to achieve then try a much more gothic looking font. I can't think of one off hand.

I like the turned page though nice touch!

Craig Burgess said...

I think it's definitely going to need some colour to brighten it up. The base design is there, and the layout is spot on, but I agree with Scott - I think the font needs changing.

Nice turning corner effect.

If you ask me tomorrow I'll give you a bit more in-depth feedback.

DREW said...

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the comments. Yes I'm not sure Arial is very Punk Rock. Your solution seems great you will have to fill me in.

I like your design that you have uploaded.

Webomatic said...

I like it its simple and straight to the point, i'm guesing that "Jakob Nielsen" would also, as its more infomation and accessable.